[ RadSafe ] Consideration of the Nuclear Option

Dan W McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 18:55:36 CST 2009

Dear RadSafers:

Russia laid the foundation for this new wave of nuclear power generation in
Eastern and Central Europe with the cut-off of all natural gas from Russia
11 months ago.  Because of the absolute requirement for highly-reliable
power sources, I believe that governments and policy-makers in Europe must
re-think their power strategies for the future. The reliability of nuclear
power is unchallenged in the world because it removes the vulnerability of
supply interruptions.  The low cost of the "front-end" of the nuclear fuel
cycle will continue for the foreseeable future.

Best!

Dan ii

--
Dan W McCarn, Geologist