[ RadSafe ] Re: Global Warming

Jess Addis ajess at clemson.edu
Mon Dec 7 20:27:12 CST 2009

Sun spots astounding?

http://stephenschneider.stanford.edu/Publications/PDF_Papers/DamonLaut2004.p
df

When I looked for Danish research I found this. I'm sure you can find stuff
to counter anything anyone else can come up with, but never less:

"Eigil Friis-Christensen and Knud Lassen published an article in Science
claiming a "strikingly
good agreement" between solar cycle lengths (that is, the fluctuating
lengths of the cycles undergone by the number of sunspots) and northern
hemisphere land temperatures. ....

Today, more data have become available, which shows properly filtered solar
cycle lengths....

Now the sensational agreement with the recent global warming, which drew
worldwide attention, has totally disappeared.

Nevertheless, the authors and other researchers keep presenting the old
misleading graphs and data."

Their data have been included in Danish textbooks and remains there.

Just sayin'

It may be time to ban myself from this discussion. This may be a little more
political than it should be - maybe?

I am a skeptic and I don't belong to any religion, and certainly not that of
Global Warming.

India, China and the U.S. have agreed to sit down and talk this over. There
is money to be made in "green Tech".  I'd expect we here in the good ole USA
are in a good position to be at the forefront of that technology.  It's the
next "bubble".

What's the worst we can do? Clean things up a little?

No, we won't ruin our economy.  If our economy could sustain the assault
that Wall Street, the captains of industry, and the forces that champion our
government have put on it (both parties), and even they weren't able to
destroy it over the last few years, it must be almost indestructible.

Of course YRMV.

I really do appreciate what I have learned here and this discussion has
peaked my interest on the subject.  Thanks for that.

And PS:  I am a BIG proponent of nuclear power production and I'm somewhat
excited over new designs and technology. For cars: Battery tech. and
something that marries a battery with something like an ultra compositor
sounds nice.  Making electricity to make hydrogen and putting that into a
fuel cell to make electricity and turning that into mechanical? - not so
much.

OK, I ban myself from further discussion.

Jess Addis