[ RadSafe ] Global Warming

Otto G. Raabe ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Thu Dec 10 16:32:22 CST 2009

At 03:03 PM 12/9/2009, Perle, Sandy wrote:
>Hope to see you in Albuequerque.
>The problem we have is that all of these articles simply refelect
>the bias of the writer. Nothing scientific, as expected!
*************************
I am attending the Albuquerque HPS meeting next month. See you there!

The correlation between solar activity and the Earth's temperature
changes is quite impressive and I believe it is scientifically
meaningful.  In contrast, the carbon dioxide models are tenuous and
scientifically weak and they do not correlate well with what has
happened in the last 100 years.  In about 1970 during a time of low
solar activity, the news was predicting an approaching ice age !

Sure, 1998 was local high for the Earth's temperature and the warmest
year of the Century. However, it is he solar models that demonstrate
a distinct year by year relationship, while no such relationship can
be shown to be associated with atmospheric carbon dioxide.

I think that there is a real problem with global warming fanaticism.

Otto

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
Center for Health & the Environment
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
E-Mail: ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140