[ RadSafe ] I131 patient during intercontinental flight

Marcel Schouwenburg M.Schouwenburg at tudelft.nl
Mon Feb 9 10:31:10 CST 2009

Dear Mauro and RadSafers,

There are certainly radiation monitors deployed on airports. In Europe there are monitors at the eastern borders (like on Vilnius International Airport where you can easily see them when you pass the gates). I have no complete list of other airports in the world, but I'm sure this list is allready quite long and growing rather quickly.

With kind regards,

Marcel Schouwenburg
Head / Lecturer Training Centre Delft, Health Physicist, expert level 2
RadSafe Moderator & Listowner
National Centre for Radiation Protection (Dutch abbr. NCSV)
Manager Quality Assurance Reactor Institute Delft (RID)

Delft University of Technology
Faculty of Applied Sciences / Reactor Institute Delft
Mekelweg 15
NL - 2629 JB  DELFT
The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)15 27 86575