[ RadSafe ] Re: Fw: [NoMoreDU] Fe. 4-5, Human Cost of Uranium Weapons Exhibition and Seminar, Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh.

Roger Helbig rwhelbig at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 22:25:40 CST 2009

Did anyone on the RADSAFE list see this exhibit?  I never find out about
these before they happen; only after - the Campaign Against Uranium Weapons
(a term that they coined to try and equate the use of depleted uranium
anti-armor kinetic energy penetrator munitions to being a weapon of mass
destruction) seems to be very well funded - they also are anti-nuclear and
my understanding of this photo exhibit is that it is basically Saddam
Hussein regime propaganda.  Are there any members of the RADSAFE list in
Japan who know more about this photographer and what his motivation is or
who Kazashi is (I sort of picture him as a Japanese activist with a red
bandana tied around his head, but that is just based on his constant
inflammatory postings to NoMoreDU in Yahoo Groups.  How do you combat well
funded campaigns of lies like these?  They targeted the European Parliament
with this exhibit and got them to issue a Resolution (not sure of the term,
have to look back a year or more to the document) that banned DU in Europe.
Now, they are going after Scotland because of the MoD firing range in
Scotland that has tested DU munitions and that the Scottish Herald has said
has resulted in radioactive worms that glow in the dark.

Roger Helbig