[ RadSafe ] Re: Fallout "preserved" in concrete

Arvic Harms Arvic.Harms at npl.co.uk
Wed Feb 25 03:31:02 CST 2009

Dear Keith,

The excellent paper below gives more information on tritium in concrete. Some of the tritium is mobile which will affect the depth profile.

Tritium Speciation in Nuclear Reactor Bioshield Concrete and its Impact on Accurate Analysis

Dae Ji Kim, Phillip E. Warwick and Ian W. Croudace (GAU-Radioanalytical, Southampton UK)

Analytical Chemistry, 2008, 80 (14), pp 5476-5480

Kind regards,

Arvic Harms
National Physical Laboratory
Teddington, UK

privileged material; it is for the intended addressee(s) only.
If you are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or
disclose such information.

NPL Management Ltd cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any
attachments are free from viruses.

NPL Management Ltd. Registered in England and Wales. No: 2937881
Registered Office: Serco House, 16 Bartley Wood Business Park,
                   Hook, Hampshire, United Kingdom  RG27 9UY