[ RadSafe ] RE: [Radsafe] About I-131 Therapy room for two person.

Michael, Joey L joey-michael at uiowa.edu
Tue Jan 6 09:21:59 CST 2009

41.2(39)Safety precautions.

a.For each patient or human research subject receiving radiopharmaceutical therapy and hospitalized for compliance with 41.2(27), a licensee shall:(1)Provide a private room with a private sanitary facility or a room, with a private sanitary facility, with another individual who also has received therapy with unsealed radioactive material and who also cannot be released under 41.2(27);

Our state regulations make it clear that housing two patients with similar therapies in the same room would be allowed.