[ RadSafe ] In-vivo Cs-137

Bjorn Cedervall bcradsafers at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 26 06:44:57 CST 2009

As far as I understand cesium 137 has been used (as implants) in radiotherapy of
cervical cancers. An alternative for implants is radium (226) - the dose distributions
must be different. I have no idea to what extent these radionuclides have been/still are
used for this purpose - and for how long the implants are kept in the patient's body.
Hopefully someone else can clarify.

Bjorn Cedervall