[ RadSafe ] Iodine Therapy Rooms

Cary Renquist cary.renquist at ezag.com
Thu Jul 16 10:07:23 CDT 2009

One thing that I have seen get overlooked in iodine therapy rooms is the
sharps container.  Often the wall mounted container has a significant
field.  While the wall-mounted containers are easy to remove and store,
it might be easier to provide a small container to use just for the
iodine patient.

Epoxy floors have worked relatively well in our rad labs... (as long as
you have a competent contractor applying the epoxy)
I saw Whatman benchcoat paper mentioned, we have also used variations of
that in our lab.

Cary

---
Cary Renquist