[ RadSafe ] Exempt Quantity source shipments

Peter Fear FEARP at upstate.edu
Fri Jul 24 09:54:27 CDT 2009

>From what Dan says, it appears that he is shipping the material to himself!
He said in his second message on this that he was moving back to the US from
France and had originally shipped them to himself when he moved there.


Peter Fear
Health Physics Technologist
SUNY Upstate Medical University
Radiation Safety Office
636 UH
750 E. Adams St.
Syracuse, NY 13210

Phone: (315)464-6510
FAX:     (315)464-5095
fearp at upstate.edu

>>> "Wes" <WesVanPelt at verizon.net> 7/24/2009 9:51 AM >>>
George said.....
	Hold on Dan. I too talked with Larry about this, and he is of
the one to ask about shipping regs. The next question is: Who are you
shipping it 
to, and do you have a materials license to transfer radioactive materials?
It is not enough that the material is of exempt quantity, you MUST be
licensed to transfer even exempt quantity, but not to receive it.

Not so. A person may transfer, or in fact do ANYTHING, with a license
amount of radioactivity. No license is needed.

A person would only need a license to COMMERCIALLY DISTRIBUTE license
radioactive material.

Wes Van Pelt

You are currently subscribed to the RadSafe mailing list

Before posting a message to RadSafe be sure to have read and understood the
RadSafe rules. These can be found at:

For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe and other settings
visit: http://radlab.nl/radsafe/

More information about the RadSafe mailing list