[ RadSafe ] External radiation treatment for Prostate Cancer

alstonchris at netscape.net alstonchris at netscape.net
Thu Jul 30 17:12:05 CDT 2009

Brian

I see that Rob has given a far better, and more authoritative, answer than I could.? I might only add that the beam E is, I think, more accurately described as 6 MVp, than 6 MeV.? Also, to expand a little,?the total dose could be less, if it were delivered over a much shorter period of time (1-2 weeks), in much fewer fractions (3-5), as?with the?Cyberknife, which is the XBRT equivalent of HDR with a source.? I await the slings and arrows.

Cheers
cja