SV: [ RadSafe ] Exposed workers - "Background" radon

Olsson Mattias :MSO mso at forsmark.vattenfall.se
Wed Jun 24 06:19:36 CDT 2009

Dear Franz,

The Swedish authorities have total limits for Radon. There is an overview (in Swedish) of the limits here:
http://www.stralsakerhetsmyndigheten.se/Allmanhet/Radon/Rikt--och-gransvarden-for-radon/

For regular work places the limit is given as a concentration och radioactivity in air (400 Bq/m3), while it is given as an exposure (1500 MBqh/m3 per year) for subterranean facilities, including mines. You can also see the limits for residential buildings and different limits for Radon activity concentration in water. There are further links to the applicable regulations there as well.

All the best,
Mattias Olsson