[ RadSafe ] Status of new NPP's planned

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Sat Mar 14 16:24:57 CDT 2009

RADSAFErs,

I read all the time – not only on RADSAFE – about new Nuclear Power Plants,
not only planned, but for which legal applications etc. have been filed.
Sorry to say that I have no information about the various steps of
applications and their legal binding both in the USA and “the rest of the
world.....”. Could someone on RADSAFE inform me about not only the legal
steps from first intention to the connection to the grid in the USA? Is
there any up-to-date overview available about the current situation of
applications worldwide?

Thanks!

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD