[ RadSafe ] Metrologia: Special issue on radiation dosimetry

Cary Renquist cary.renquist at ezag.com
Fri Mar 20 19:28:29 CDT 2009

FYI:  this months Metrologia journal is dedicated to dosimetry.

The articles are freely available for 30 days:
You need to create an account in order to view the full articles (it has been a while, but I seem to recall that it creating an account is a very easy process)

Special issue on radiation dosimetry

This Month's Papers: Metrologia
(http://www.iop.org/EJ/toc/-ff30=all/-ffissn=0026-1394)

   This special issue of Metrologia on radiation dosimetry is the second in a
   trilogy on the subject of ionizing radiation measurements, a field that is
   overseen by Sections I, II and III of the CIPM's Consultative Committee for
   Ionizing Radiation (CCRI). The work of Section II, on radionuclide metrology,
   was covered in issue 44(4), published in 2007, and that of Section III, on
   neutron metrology, will be covered in a special issue to be published shortly.
   This issue covers the work of Section I (x-rays and γ rays, and charged particles).

EDITORIAL Special issue on radiation dosimetry
Peter Sharpe

PAPERS
S1  International framework of traceability for radiation dosimetry quantities
Penelope J Allisy, David T Burns and Pedro Andreo

S9  Free-air ionization chambers
D T Burns and L Büermann

S24  Air-kerma cavity standards
L Büermann and D T Burns

S39  Photon absorbed dose standards
Jan Seuntjens and Simon Duane

S59  Primary standards of absorbed dose for electron beams
M R McEwen and A R DuSautoy

S80  Primary standards and dosimetry protocols for brachytherapy sources
C G Soares, G Douysset and M G Mitch

S99  Radiation protection and environmental standards
Peter Ambrosi

S112  Overview of physical interaction models for photon and electron transport used in Monte Carlo codes
Francesc Salvat and José M Fernández-Varea

Best regards,
Cary

---
Cary Renquist