[ RadSafe ] Europium-252 identified instead of Bismuth-214

Dale Boyce daleboyce at charter.net
Tue Mar 24 20:19:09 CDT 2009

Michael,

You certainly have Ra-226, and that may be in equilibrium with U238. Imagine
finding that in dirt! ;) (Since background level of Ra-226 vary, but are
around a pCi or less/g of dirt. (higher i am told in beer and Brazil nuts)).
If you had Eu 152 you would also expect to see Eu154 which has strong 1274
and 1596 lines.

Dale