[ RadSafe ] Claims About Three Mile Island

blreider at aol.com blreider at aol.com
Wed Mar 25 22:11:58 CDT 2009

Rowena Argall brought post-Chernobyl Turkish Tea back from a trip overseas - the tea is now in the Oak Ridge Museum.  Paul Frame should be able to give you details, and if you have an opportunity to visit you should as the collection of artifacts is interesting.  Canberra also was commissioned to built live animal counters for scanning particularly for Cs-137 content in cattle and other livestock.   TMI's releases were very small compared to Chernobyl, the report on the accident identified an individual - I think he was camping on an island in the river - who received 80 mrem as the maximum.

Barb