[ RadSafe ] [RadSafe]Space Fusion Propulsion

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Wed Mar 25 23:36:16 CDT 2009

Dear Radsafe:

     This is from:   jpreisig at aol.com

      Hello Radsafers:

      More on fusion propulsion out of Princeton University via the Trenton
(NJ/USA) Times Newspaper --- September 3, 2004.  Sorry, this is a bit dated
but
I'm only getting around to writing about this now.   An engineer named Edgar
Choueiri and his staff have been working on a lithium-plasma (thruster)
engine,
which apparently may may provide 15 times the exhaust velocity compared
with the velocity available via combustion in conventional (chemical) rockets.
Funding for this work was provided by NASA's (USA) Project Prometheus,
and the research was originally funded for a three year time period.  A web
search
may provide information on the research results, since this research should be
well on its way by now.  I have no more current information now.

     On a related topic the Princeton University Plasma Physics Lab (PPPL)
has
competitively bid on a US DOE (Department of Energy) contract for five
more years of research.  Princeton U. won the contract, good for a funding
level of
390 million US dollars spread over five years (see the Trenton Times; January
16,
2009; possibly also see Physics Today magazine).   Nice funding, if one can
get it.
Sigh....Oh well.

     I've been watching the History channel again, and saw a program on the
US Armed Forces attempts at achieving stealth jet airplane technology.
Apparently,
early stealth aircraft had rounded saucer like shapes superimposed on
US jet fighters, in an attempt to reduce their RADAR (not neutron) cross
section(s).
Such aircraft looked a bit like flying saucers.  So, perhaps some early UFO
sightings were actually just sightings of these rounded surface jet fighters.
I doubt every UFO is actually explained by this.  I guess one can find what
today's stealth fighters and bombers look like on the internet.

     When is the Large Hadron Collider (LHC at CERN, Europe) coming back
online???  We should be rolling in new elementary physics particles soon???

     Have a great week at work!!!!!

     Regards,     Joseph R. (Joe) Preisig, Ph.D.

<BR><BR>**************<BR>Great Deals on Dell 15" Laptops - Starting at $479
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219799606x1201361003/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doub
leclick.net%2Fclk%3B213153745%3B34689725%3Bo)</HTML>