[ RadSafe ] Biological dose measures promise new view of cardiac imaging risk

Bjorn Cedervall bcradsafers at hotmail.com
Mon May 4 03:37:38 CDT 2009

The bottomline of these DSB measurements are definitely worth

some extra thoughts. I have made a couple of calculations (two

different strategies) and in both cases I come down to the order

of 10E9 lethal DSBs (in the clonogenic sense but not necessarily

functional, using a value of about 30 DSBs/cell,Gy) if we consider

the mass of the heart as the target.

Please comment and correct me if I am wrong,

Bjorn Cedervall    bcradsafers at hotmail.com