[ RadSafe ] Po-210 poisoning of Litwinenko

Thomas Johnston tjohnstn at gmail.com
Tue May 5 09:57:40 CDT 2009

Hello Franz,
At a previous position I held recently, a Russian scientist told me of this
incident and coverage of this story in a well-known Russian newspaper (not
Pravda). The newspaper account detailed how Litvinenko was involved with
Po-210 smuggling operations and had apparently contaminated his own self.

A popular online self-edited reference details this event.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Litvinenko_poisoning

These accounts are my own opinion, and do not reflect that of my employer.

Kindest regards,

Thomas Johnston

Health Physicist

NIST Center for Neutron Research

National Institute for Standards and Technology

100 Bureau Drive, Stop 1733

Gaithersburg, MD 20899