FW: [ RadSafe ] [Radsafe] small question on steel contamination

gert.jonkers at shell.com gert.jonkers at shell.com
Wed May 20 10:31:31 CDT 2009

Nick,

Indeed it should be able to detect (assumed) Co-60 much simpler. Exploiting handheld scintillation type of monitors should do the job. In my opinion the GammaRAE II or RadEye PRD would be good enough. I think the RedAlert being of the GM-type is a slow and less sensitive responser in this respect. Does Ludlum have this type of small handheld scintillation type of monitors available?

Is the Co-60 stainless steel issue also hitting Australia?

Kind regards,
Gert Jonkers