[ RadSafe ] WG: CTBTO PRESS RELEASE - CTBTO's INITIAL FINDINGS ON THE DPRK's ANNOUNCED NUCLEAR TEST .htm

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Wed May 27 15:56:38 CDT 2009

RADSAFErs,

I received information that my first attempt to forward the message about
the North Korean Nuclear Test released by the CTBTO was forwarded without
the attachment. I hope this will work now.

I have been working for the CTBTO more than ten years as a member of the
Austrian delegation and I can confirm that the CTBTO is an organisation very
well equipped to detect clandestine nuclear explosions. My comment was to
draw your attention to the last paragraph with information about the states
which have not ratified the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty or not even signed
it. Isn’t it amazing that the USA is among those states which are commonly
called “rogue states” by the US administration?

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD

MinRat i.R.