[ RadSafe ] Health Physicist/Radiological Engineer Positions
rahim.ghanooni at gmail.com
Thu May 28 15:12:21 CDT 2009
Please do not contact me, the contact person is at the end of the posting.
The Health Physicist/Radiological Engineer is responsible for supporting
routine implementation of the Waste Control Specialist LLC (www.wcstexas.com)
Radiological Control Program
- Comprehensive knowledge of radiation protection principles, standards,
and regulatory requirements as well as fundamental radiation detection and
- Radiation safety program planning, and implementation
- Technical support for projects, as assigned
- Experience in the operation and usage of HP instrumentation, gamma
spectroscopy systems, liquid scintillation systems, and gas-flow
proportional counting systems is desired.
- Development and implementation of radiation protection policies,
programs, and procedures;
- Analyzing radiological hazards associated with work activities and
devising controls to minimize radiation exposure;
- Serving as subject matter expert for radiological safety on assigned
- Providing oversight of radiological field operations on assigned
- Resolving compliance issues through effective communication with senior
managers, state and federal regulators, and site contractors;
- Supporting radiological count room operations;
- Conducting assessments to verify the effectiveness of radiological
- Detailed knowledge of field and laboratory radiation detection
instrumentation, shielding design, dose assessment modeling, and ALARA
principles is desired.
Bachelors degree in science, health physics, engineering or related field
and a minimum of 5 years professional experience in radiation safety or
equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Certified
Health Physicist, and/or National Registry of Radiation Protection
Technologist (NRRPT) certification is preferred.
Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
Working knowledge of Microsoft product is required
Forward your resume to
Director of Human Resources
jbrowder at wcstexas.com
More information about the RadSafe