[ RadSafe ] RCT Job Opportunity
emarshall at lrri.org
Wed Nov 25 12:10:48 CST 2009
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, a research laboratory dedicated
to the cure of respiratory disease is seeking a Radiological Control
Technician. This position supports the Institute in the area of
radiological protection, ensuring compliance with state and federal
regulations by measuring, assessing and documenting radiological
conditions in the workplace. Assistance will be required to support
other environmental health and safety disciplines. The position
* Knowledge of the principles of radiation physics and implementation of
* Understanding of applicable OSHA, EPA, NRC, and DOT related
* Associates Degree (AAS) in health physics or radiological science and
3 years experience as a radiological control technician or equivalent
combination of directly related education and experience, evaluated
against ANSI/ANS 3.1-1987 technician qualification criteria.
* Significant exposure to a research and development environment with
experience in at least one other ES&H discipline, i.e., industrial
hygiene, hazardous material handling, biosafety, or industrial safety.
* Training in shipping Class 7 materials under both DOT and IATA.
* Good computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite.
* Ability to utilize various radiation detection instruments and
counting equipment, including air samplers, continuous air monitors,
dose rate meters, count rate meters, liquid scintillation counters and
* Successful completion of a post offer, pre-placement physical
examination/medical history check, including medical clearance and
ability to wear a variety of respiratory protection devices, as well as
protective clothing and equipment for extended periods of time.
* Favorable outcome in a Trustworthy and Reliable determination.
Approval to access Select Agent(s) and Toxin(s) may also be required.
Preference will be given to:
* Experience in an environment under NRC or agreement state regulations.
* Certification or eligibility for certification by the National
Registry for Radiation Protection Technologists (NRRPT).
To apply, refer to Job #S12409 and send resume to Human Resources,
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, 2425 Ridgecrest Drive SE,
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, or Fax to (505) 348-4966, or e-mail to
hrmailbox at LRRI.org. Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F.
Elaine T. Marshall, CHP
Radiation Safety Officer
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute
2425 Ridgecrest Drive SE
Albuquerque, NM 87108
emarshall at lrri.org
More information about the RadSafe