[ RadSafe ] Airfilter gamma spectrum 1986

Peter Bossew Peter.Bossew at reflex.at
Sat Oct 10 15:23:49 CDT 2009

Colleagues:

I am in search for a high resolution gamma spectrum of an airfilter of
around 1 May 1986, in digital format. Activity load, air volume or
sampling time should be rather high, so that as many "exotic" lines of the
Chernobyl cloud as possible are visible. (Thus this request is probably
mainly directed to colleagues in Central and Eastern Europe.)

I would need it in txt format: (channel #,  counts). Energy cal. would be
a nice addition, but if unavailable I can find it out myself from the
spectrum. I am not interested in quantitative results (Bq/m^3), so
sampling time, air flow and eff. cal. are not of interest.

I need it for a report for demonstration of what a gamma spectrum in such
a situation may look like. Unbelievably, although so many measurements of
that kind were made, it is difficult to find any in *still readable*
digital format. (A case for archeology of science.)

Thanks for any hint.

Peter