[ RadSafe ] Leak Test MDA

Cary Renquist cary.renquist at ezag.com
Thu Sep 24 13:00:11 CDT 2009

Sorry, nothing factual to give you -- just my $0.02 US.
The 0.005 microcurie/0.2 kBq leak test limit seems to be one of those regulatory
fossils... (I've seen references to it in AEC docs from the 50's; some of the first IAEA technical docs; etc)
It was probably chosen based on practical detection limits back in the 40's/50's.
I don't recall ever coming across any sort of basis document for it -- if there was a technical
basis document, then the specification would likely be lower for alpha nuclides.

Cary

---
Cary Renquist
Direct:   +1 661-309-1033