[ RadSafe ] Salsman warning

Ahmad Al-Ani ahmadalanimail at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 01:58:38 CDT 2010

James Salsman wrote:
I honestly do not know why people who I am sure are in favor of
nuclear power don t explain that uranium is one of the reasons
that coal is so dirty. Is it possible instead, or in addition,
that they don t want people to know about high cancer rates
in uranium miners?

In a recent IAEA workshop for Stakeholder s Engagment plan for countries which are introducing NPPs for the first time, and the public relations excercise, I asked the top PR manager of one of the top US NPP management companies a similar question, what is your advice for us to handle nuclear opposition groups as we expect them to excert some pressure to stop our project?

Her answer was that we want to avoid an endless futile discussions with nuclear opposition parties, and hence I advise you to just ignore them .

I think this old ignore them approach is the easy, lower political risk method, but results are not guaranteed.

Ahmad Al-Ani