[ RadSafe ] dosimetry records!

Perle, Sandy SPerle at mirion.com
Mon Apr 19 14:07:27 CDT 2010

Absolutely concur with everything Neill states. I am not aware of any processor who absolutely requires the use of an SSN. A unique identifier would be essential to ensure database record correlation, especially if a facility wants to include records from various locations/accounts (per the requirements of the client with appropriate privacy approvals and acceptance. In my many discussions with various state regulatory entities, I have never run into any that stated a SSN had to be used. They all said that a unique identifier that the regulated facility could then link to their employees was all that was necessary.

The use of an SSN is a relic of the past. Now the NRC Form-4 and Form-5 reference to SSN needs to be revised. That would eliminate much of the confusion that exists.

Regards,

Sandy

Sander C. Perle
President