[ RadSafe ] Interesting article

neildm at id.doe.gov neildm at id.doe.gov
Tue Aug 3 12:31:18 CDT 2010

I just found an article on the website of New Scientist magazine
supporting the position of relaxation of radiation limits based on more
rational perception of the risks.

"Our attitude to ionising radiation is irrational, and easing safety
limits would do far more good than harm, says Wade Allison"
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20727715.800-whos-afraid-of-radiat
ion.html

Here is a pirated blurb about the author: "Wade Allison is a nuclear and
medical physicist at the University of Oxford and the author of
Radiation and Reason (YPD Books). He has no ties to the nuclear
industry."

Dave Neil
DOE-ID Lessons Learned Coordinator

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.  - George
Santayana