[ RadSafe ] tracking down info on old source/device

Walt Cofer radcontrol at embarqmail.com
Tue Aug 3 08:42:18 CDT 2010

Mike -

Such a device would have a Sealed Source & Device Registration (SSDR) sheet that is available as an archive SSDR.  You can contact the NRC's SSDR group at the Div. of Ind. & Medical Nuclear Safety, Office of Nuclear Material Safety & Safeguards; try John Jankovith, SSDR Team Leader  (301) 415-7904  jpj2 at nrc.gov 
or contact your state's rad. control program; they should also have archive SSDRs on file.

Walt Cofer
Radiation Control, Inc.
Tallahassee, FL
Tel:    (850) 668-8559
Cell:   (850) 519-5351
Email:  radcontrol at embarqmail.com
Web:    www.rad-control.net

----- Original Message -----
From: Miles Mccord <mccord.miles at gmail.com>
To: radsafe at health.phys.iit.edu
Sent: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 09:31:18 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [ RadSafe ] tracking down info on old source/device

Hello Group:

I am interested in tracking down info on an old source.  It is an AN/UDM-1A,
referred to as a Cs camera and used to perform calibrations of survey meters.
What I would like to find is who made these devices and who supplied the sources
for these devices.  If anyone has some knowledge about these sources
they can contact
me off-line at

Miles.mccord at nist.gov

Miles McCord

100 Bureau Dr.  Stop 1731
Gaithersburg, MD 20899

You are currently subscribed to the RadSafe mailing list

Before posting a message to RadSafe be sure to have read and understood the RadSafe rules. These can be found at: http://health.phys.iit.edu/radsaferules.html

For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe and other settings visit: http://health.phys.iit.edu

More information about the RadSafe mailing list