[ RadSafe ] tracking down info on old source/device

Walt Cofer radcontrol at embarqmail.com
Tue Aug 3 08:42:18 CDT 2010

Mike -

Such a device would have a Sealed Source & Device Registration (SSDR) sheet that is available as an archive SSDR.  You can contact the NRC's SSDR group at the Div. of Ind. & Medical Nuclear Safety, Office of Nuclear Material Safety & Safeguards; try John Jankovith, SSDR Team Leader  (301) 415-7904  jpj2 at nrc.gov
or contact your state's rad. control program; they should also have archive SSDRs on file.

Walt Cofer
Radiation Control, Inc.
Tallahassee, FL
Tel:    (850) 668-8559