[ RadSafe ] FW: Senior Technical Dosimetry Specialist position - Mirion Technologies
SPerle at mirion.com
Fri Aug 20 14:50:48 CDT 2010
We have a new position open. Please DO NOT respond to me directly. Please respond to careers at dosimetry.com<mailto:careers at dosimetry.com> if interested.
Senior Technical Dosimetry Specialist
Organization: Mirion Technologies - Dosimetry Services Division * 2652 McGaw Avenue, Irvine, CA 92614
Job Begins: August 2010
Description: Senior Technical Specialist
Company Overview: The Dosimetry Services Division (DSD) of Mirion Technologies is a rapidly growing international provider of advanced radiation dosimetry solutions located in Irvine. The DSD of Mirion Technologies offers a full range of services for measuring ionizing radiation; primarily through film, thermoluminescent, and track etch technologies. The company's clients include large nuclear installations, major hospitals and universities, and thousands of small office practitioners. With over 30 years of experience, Mirion Technologies has more than 45,000 customers representing over one-half million individuals who use Mirion Technologies services in four continents.
Position Summary: The Dosimetry Services Division (DSD) of Mirion Technologies is looking for a Senior Technical Specialist who will be responsible for researching and documenting domestic and international regulatory requirements and industry standards; researching, developing, and implementing new products and establishing processing and quality assurance procedures; interface and provide technical support for other dosimetry areas, management, customers, and vendors (as required).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Research, document, and provide ongoing updates of regulatory requirements and applicable industry standards for both domestic and international markets.
* Review and approve personal and environmental dosimetry results in support of Film, TLD, and Instadose program managers as needed.
* Assist Radiation Safety Officer in source operation and control activities.
* Assist in research and development of new products as identified by management; document all test results, observations, and conclusions.
* Assist technical management and support staff on technical, software, and customer concerns with new or existing products, as required.
* Assist in establishing quality assurance (QA) program for new products and complete associated quality control functions consistent with the QA Manual and applicable industry standards.
* Update and maintain a technical library of all regulatory, standards, and general information publications, etc., relating to dosimetry, both domestic and international (as required).
* Identify quality control trends, trends with customer accounts or manufacturing trends, and resolve using appropriate corrective action measures.
* Monitor calibration and operability of assigned processing equipment.
* Research and complete special projects as assigned by management and document results.
* Document new procedures or recommend revisions as necessary.
* Interface with other dosimetry areas, customers (as required), vendors, and management.
* Travel as required.
Education or equivalent experience:
BS in sciences or any related field, or associate degree with five years of relevant work experience.
Minimum of three years related work experience in dosimetry, health physics, or quality assurance.
* Excellent communication, mathematical, and organizational skillls.
* Ability to work independently, complete projects as assigned, and meet deadlines.
* Knowledge of radiation principles and industry standards and requirements preferred.
* Supervisory skills and knowledge of personal computers preferred.
* Statistical quality control knowledge preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical/prescription coverage, 401(k), and a generous paid time-off/holiday program.
Please send all inquiries to careers at dosimetry.com<mailto:careers at dosimetry.com>
Attn: Mirion Technologies - DSD * Email: careers at dosimetry.com<mailto:careers at dosimetry.com>
Sander C. Perle
Dosimetry Services Division
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614
+1 (949) 296-2306 (Office)
+1 (949) 296-1130 (Fax)
Mirion Technologies: http://www.mirion.com/
PROPRIETARY INFORMATION NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for use by the addressee and may contain proprietary information of Mirion Technologies and/or its affiliates. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, delete the original message and all attachments from your computer, and destroy any copies you may have made. Thank you.
More information about the RadSafe