[ RadSafe ] Killing salmonella and E. coli on fresh produce with half the normal food-irradiation levels -- OER in practice...

Ahmad Al-Ani ahmadalanimail at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 23:35:12 CST 2010

Perhaps to reduce "radio-cooking" of the produce.

The article says:

"But no matter how healthy and safe to eat, few consumers would want their lettuce a bit on the mushy side. Consequently, the team was looking for ways to reduce the amount of ionizing radiation without reducing its effectiveness in killing pathogens."

Ahmad