[ RadSafe ] City of Houston shuts down two radioactive water wells |I-Team: khou.com

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Fri Dec 24 13:29:00 CST 2010

Dec. 24

         I find it interesting that the former chief of police is now
on the city council, and that he is speaking up.  According to a Dec.
2009 article in the Houston Chronicle, Annise Parker, the newly
elected mayor, was dissatisfied with the Houston Police Department
and was planning on appointing a new chief.  Coincidence?  Payback?

         The KHOU article linked in the initial message reads more
like agitprop than news.

Steven Dapra

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6768758.html

At 10:24 AM 12/24/2010, you [Doug Huffman] wrote:

>http://www.khou.com/news/investigative/I-TEAM-City-of-Houston-shuts-down-two-radioactive-water-wells-112364389.html
>
>"Earlier this week, city council member and former police chief C.O.
>?Brad? Bradford criticized city leaders for not doing more, sooner.  He
>reviewed the draft copy of the USGS report, which revealed radiation was
>detected in nearly every groundwater well the federal agency tested in
>Houston. The draft was delivered to city officials in the public works
>department in September.  Bradford said citizens were in danger and
>should be warned of their increased cancer risks, even if the radiation
>levels were below ?legal? limits that force utilities to act."
>
>The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.

[edit]