[ RadSafe ] Obama announces loan guarantees for two nuclear reactors

Maury Siskel maurysis at peoplepc.com
Tue Feb 16 13:49:56 CST 2010

The Administration continues to append rainbow-like conditions; e.g.,
"Any new nuclear facilities, he promised, will be held to the highest
and strictest safety standards."  This kind of pap coupled with the
hypothetical construct of global warming as a rationale is enough to
pose grave doubts to sensible people. In a completely unbounded tort
system, an undertaking this large must strain the courage of traditional
financial investment. Surely we all must marvel at what measures might
constitute the highest and strictest safety standards for any human
endeavor.

Apparently, we still do not even understand the usual functions of world
climate, let alone postulating a need for nuclear power based on some
fire breathing dragon which we haven't even met.

So long as the Administration and Congress continue working hand in
glove with OPEC, the dreams of reasonable energy resumption seem likely
to remain a fairy tale. We move in strange and mysterious ways.
Sadly,
Maury&Dog