: Re: [ RadSafe ] Obama announces loan guarantees for two nuclear reactors]

Maury Siskel maurysis at peoplepc.com
Tue Feb 16 18:19:06 CST 2010

Hi Mike, I agree that your description is entirely accurate at the
present time. However, manipulation is ever present in all societies,
tribes, nations, etc. at all times for all goods and all services. The
leveling influence to varying degrees is the competition mechanism of a
free market. I believe that any society can select its either regulated
or private infrastructure as it sees fit. I doubt that there is any
really greater difficulty entering the electricity production business
than entering the vehicle or highway or airway or sewage markets.

The US gives great lip service to free enterprise and give it greater
fealty than most of the rest of the world, but these are choices we make
-- they are not inherently one way or the other. Unfortunately, there
always are some abuses and people therefore are very frightened by the
prospect of a free market. The US simply started this whole experiment
and I hate to watch it slowly being abandoned while I'm running around
loose.