[ RadSafe ] Nuclear law changes proposed in Sweden

Bjorn Cedervall bcradsafers at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 20 03:13:15 CST 2010

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/NP-Nuclear_law_changes_proposed_in_Sweden-1902104.html?jmid=2900&j=244402147&utm_source=JangoMail&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=WNN+Daily%3A+Nuclear+law+changes+proposed+in+Sweden+%28244402147%29&utm_content=bjorn%5Fcedervall%40yahoo%2Ecom

A spokesman for the Social Democrats (now best friends with the left and environmental party immediately thereafter came out with a message that if they will reverse this law if they win the election this coming fall. Context: We are now having the worst winter in 23 years... The environmental party leader has declared that her job is to make nuclear power as expensive as possible and a reasonable interpretation is that they want to shut down all nuclear power in 10 years. 40 % of our electricity comes from nuclear power.

I realize that this is a sidetrack but it is the fear of radiation that is driving much of the anti-nuclear position. There has also been a lot of negative media attention to uranium mining in Sweden over the past year.

My personal initiative only,

Bjorn Cedervall  bcradsafers at hotmail.com