[ RadSafe ] Uranium City (NW Saskachewan)

Bjorn Cedervall bcradsafers at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 19 09:04:03 CST 2010

Radsafers,

I know essentially nothing about Uranium City besides the Wikipedia information but it was mentioned today (in a local newspaper) by someone who refers to the city as being dead (well - actually the context is unclear but the intention of the wording is probably to stimulate the reader´s fantasy about something dreadful) after uranium mining. Can someone briefly summarize the key facts about Uranium City:

How many lived there (give persons/km2 or some similar number) before the  mining (89 individuals are living there today)? The key circumstances relating to Native Canadians, uranium mining etc. I suppose people moved away from there for economic reasons mainly? How do you survive there at all? (it must be very cold)

My personal initiative only,

Bjorn Cedervall

bcradsafers at hotmail.com