[ RadSafe ] Environmentalists and biofuel

Thu Feb 18 11:39:54 CST 2010

Let me start by saying that I think growing corn for fuel is a bad idea.
However, I dislike having people who I agree with on a particular issue
make such very poor arguments.
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE61G5CP20100217

"Also, some fertilizers release nitrogen directly into the atmosphere
forming greenhouse gases that are 200 times worse than carbon, said
James Coan of Baker Institute for Public Policy at Rice University."

The best one can hope for is that the reporter, being a journalism major
who avoided all the science courses he could, misquoted Mr. Coan.