[ RadSafe ] Two interesting papers on DNA repair mechanisms Interested in Hormesis advocates

parthasarathy k s ksparth at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 2 13:35:47 CDT 2010

Dear Dr Brennen,

One of the important observations in the papers is that when DSB repair occurs,
all repairs are not perfect. It leaves behind a trail of mutations.It may be so
whether DSB occurs due to ionizing radiation or action of chemicals.

There is some evidence that at very low doses of about one mGy, the DSB remains
unrepaired for a long time. There is also further claim that often such
unrepaired damage leads to the death of the cell and not to its proliferation
into cancer.

I am keen to get the views of those who strongly support hormesis at low doses.

Regards

Parthasarathy