[ RadSafe ] Two interesting papers on DNA repair mechanisms

Dan W McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 13:09:30 CDT 2010

Dear Howard, Clayton & Barbara:

Given that cancer is so very tough to understand and treat, I imagine that
there are thousands of molecular geneticists and biologics trying to wrap
their brains around these issues.

At least in the Glioma stem cell, the damage causing the cancer seems to be
fairly specific in that the gene responsible for production of the CD133
lipoprotein, turning-on the DNA damage response, is frequently selectively
activated in Glioma which protects it's genome, but not in the adjoining
brain cells. So what is it about a well-behaved brain cell that causes it to
suddenly "change" to such an aggressive cancer with radtiation-resistant
properties? Why is it vible given all of the other possible

Dan ii

--
Dan W McCarn, Geologist
108 Sherwood Blvd