[ RadSafe ] Airport Body Scanners

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Sun Mar 7 13:49:34 CST 2010

RADSAFERs,

I want to add for clarification, that I am by far not afraid of any
radiation exposure (why should I!), but I oppose the trend to cut down the
privacy of people by forcing them to parade "naked" in front of some
whatever persons and however these pictures deleted later on. This is
against any human dignity.

What I understand least of all, is that this humiliating concept originated
from the USA - the "land of the free", the land claiming to be a spearhead
to indiviudual rights. Come on, don't tell me about "bla, bla, bla". It is a
political concept, it is discrimination of foreigners. Having been dozens of
times in the USA I do not really plan to visit the USA again within the next
few years. I have the feeling that I am not welcome unless I can prove that
I am not a Taliban or any other islamic organisation etc. I suppose that
after sending this message I am registered in the USA because of using
"Taliban".

Every scientist is welcome to Austria by me and the other authorities
without having to parade at a naked-scanner at the Vienna Airport. I cannot
pay any costs for visiting!

Seriously: I had several participants of RADSAFE already as guests in Vienna
and I think we mutually enjoyed the guided VIP tour I provided. I encourage
everybody to contact me for a visit, though I am most of the time not in
Vienna.

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat i.R.
Habicherg. 31/7