[ RadSafe ] Isotope Delivery to Hospitals

efforrer at aol.com efforrer at aol.com
Wed Mar 24 12:49:03 CDT 2010

I would second what Clayton said.  As a regulator from California my first question would be why do you need after hours delivery?  Second have the people who will be receiving the package and those who will frequent the new storage area been properly trained.  If you do create a new receiving/storage area yes you will have to monitor it for radiation levels and contamination as well as get approval from your regulator.  How are after hours deliveries handled now?  the big final question is what did you commit to in your license.  Many of my licensees committed to no after hours deliveries and if they started getting after hours deliveries then it would be a violation.

Gene