[ RadSafe ] CZT detectors

Olsson Mattias :MSO mso at forsmark.vattenfall.se
Fri Mar 26 01:53:41 CDT 2010

Hi list!

I'm wondering if there are any experiences with Cd-Zn-Te probes. There's been lots of talk about them in recent years, I've seen results from measurements that were done (by outside consultants) at Tihange NPP in Belgium, I've read a little about them. It seems nice that you get the intermediate resolution between NaI and HPGe without cooling, but not as nice that they are said to be "less efficient" (how much less...?) and that you won't get an absolute activity value (from the setups that I've seen. So I wonder: do we have any operating experience from these probes on the list? What applications did you use them for? What did you feel were the ups and downs?

Canberra's product is described here:
http://www.canberra.com/literature/438301.asp

All the best,
Mattias Olsson

--
Mattias Olsson

Vattenfall AB
Forsmarks Kraftgrupp AB
Kemi och Radiokemi
SE-742 03  Östhammar
Sweden

Phone: +46(0)173-810 00, +46(0)173-819 52
Mobile:  +46(0)70-580 19 52

mso at forsmark.vattenfall.se
www.vattenfall.se/forsmark

The opinions expressed in this e-mail are personal and do not represent Vattenfall AB or its subsidiaries.