[ RadSafe ] 10 rem from lightning?? (UNCLASSIFIED)

Perle, Sandy SPerle at mirion.com
Tue Mar 30 16:49:35 CDT 2010

Considering all of the dosimeters that are carried onto an aircraft, either worn, put in carry-on or checked luggage, as well as all of the dosimeters sent to and from a facility for processing, world-wide, I've never seen a situation with a film, TLD or CR39 where this proposed anomalous exposure has occurred, and this is based on tens of millions plus dosimeter readings, both here and at my previous employer, Florida Power and Light. Lots of lightning strikes. Therefore, I question the entire premise as being non-substantiated.

Regards,

Sandy

Sander C. Perle
President