[ RadSafe ] Radon consensus question

Thu May 13 16:27:21 CDT 2010

I recognize there are people on Radsafe that do not agree with the EPA
Action Level of 4 pCi/l of radon in air, and I respect that.  I am a
little curious about how high the levels have to be before there is
consensus that something should be done.

As an example, I have been helping a person who tested her home, which
is located in a high radon potential area, and has a average in the mid
80s.  The test appears to have been done correctly, and the level, while
high end of what is seen in that area, is not particularly out of line.
The space tested is used as living area.

Is there anyone on Radsafe who believes that an annual average
concentration of 80 pCi/l is not worth taking corrective actions over?