[ RadSafe ] FW: Reuters: DU threatens lives in Basra

Glenn R. Marshall GRMarshall at philotechnics.com
Wed May 12 07:51:28 CDT 2010

I am always just a little bit skeptical whenever I see large increases in the number of cancer diagnoses in a third world country or in any country that previously didn't give a rat's behind about its citizens.  The inference from reports such as these is that Iraq prior to the Gulf War, the USSR prior to Chernobyl, etc. routinely tested people for various cancers before those events took place.  Surely they had reams of hard data from decades of extensive medical tests!

Perhaps Saddam did indeed provide world-class health care to all his people even while gassing them and throwing them into shredders.  Perhaps Kuschev, Yeltsin, and all those other beneficent rulers of old did likewise as they enslaved people and sent them off to work camps and political prison.  Now, in an effort to garner international sympathy (read: MONEY), they jump into bed with any activist who will write a sob story.

Glenn Marshall, CHP, RRPT