[ RadSafe ] Cardiolite Fate

Tue May 18 18:11:40 CDT 2010

and though we have never met, I think of you as a friend.

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu
[mailto:radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu] On Behalf Of Dan W McCarn
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 3:19 PM
To: radsafe at agni.phys.iit.edu
Subject: [ RadSafe ] Cardiolite Fate

Dear Group:

Yesterday I received both Tl-201 & Tc-99m as a intravenous cocktail
during a
cardiac stress test.  The dose was 3 mCi Tl-201 and 20 mCi "Cardiolite"
Tc-99m for imaging.  By the time I got home, I was quite radioactive,
with
my Ludlum Model 19 measuring 5000 uR/Hr at a distance of 4 meters.
According to the information that I received, the test amounts to a 3.45
REM
total effective dose.

Should I be avoiding my girlfriend for the next week or two?  She works
at
Los Alamos and I don't want to "contaminate" her.

The good news is that no problems were found!

Comments?

Dan ii

--
Dan W McCarn, Geologist