[ RadSafe ] Climate Change a fraud?

Doug Aitken jdaitken at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com
Tue Nov 2 11:42:36 CDT 2010

I wish we could get back to the topic of the list, rather than this
discussion (which seems to bring out the worst in some.....).

It is pretty obvious that climate does change. And we seem to be going
through some kind of an up-swing. It is also obvious that no one really
knows what is causing this.

But it is a fact that the human race is generating a lot of waste that was
not being generated prior to the industrial revolution. And fairly large
amounts of this are being disposed of in less than an ideal manner into the
eco-system....

Whether this has a significant impact on climate is open to (serious)
debate. But the damage to the overall environment (and its inhabitants!)
cannot be denied.

So as (hopefully!) sane people, can we not agree that we can do a better job
of this disposal, as a means to minimize our impact? And any talk of human
(and animal) body emissions is a bit childish.

Regards

Doug Aitken
QHSE Advisor, Schlumberger D&M Operations Support
Cell Phone: 713-562-8585
(alternate e-mail: doug.aitken at slb.com )
Mail: c/o Therese Wigzell,
Schlumberger,