[ RadSafe ] World’s Pilots Reject Naked Body Scanners Over Radiation Danger, Privacy Breach (re-sending without images)

McClung, Danny Danny.McClung2 at va.gov
Tue Nov 9 09:39:03 CST 2010

I understand the concept, Doug.  Their statement (designed so a layperson can understand) seems excessive to me (600 mrem or 6 mSv per hour). So how much exposure are they really getting during a solar flare event vs. a normal transatlantic flight?

Dan
Danny K. McClung, BS, RRPT
Program Manager, MERRT
(Medical Emergency Radiological Response Team)
Department of Veterans Affairs