[ RadSafe ] World's Pilots Reject Body Scanners

George Stanford gstanford at aya.yale.edu
Wed Nov 10 23:23:51 CST 2010

      FYI, because of my pacemaker, two days ago I
went through an X-ray body scanner at O'Hare airport.
I didn't time the process, but I doubt that I stood in the
scanner for more than 30 seconds.  Took me longer to
get my shoes back on.
      On the way back (at Las Vegas) I got the pat-down.
It was intrusive enough to be a minor irritation.  I prefer
the x-ray.
      --  George