[ RadSafe ] Belarus Repopulating Chernobyl

franz.schoenhofer at chello.at franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Sun Nov 14 17:21:32 CST 2010

Dear Maury and dog,

You are a difficult person to deal with!!! (In case you do not understand what I mean, I think the US expression applicable is
"tongue in cheek".) One day you write something I can only with all my heart support and the next day you post something I only can disagree with - like this message.

I probably never met Jaworowski personally, if so he did not leave any impression, but I dislike almost everything he writes. Sorry, but what he writes in this case is nothing new, it is well known in Europe - we know our administrations, that they are not able to make any useful decisions. We know our anti-everything groups, we know their influence on people - multiplicated by the massmedia. The costs to the countries outside the really heavily contamination zone he claims are pure nonsense - in a paper presented at an IAEA conference I was able to show, that the absurd trade rules, the absurd system of export-gratifications and the subsistence of overproduction led actually to a saving of money for the governments especially taxpayers money , and at the same time to higher income of farmers  - sad, but true.

Jaworowski has a way of expression when referring to LNT which reminds me seriously on the way of professional anti-nuclears. In every sentence there is an undertone of ridiculing persons having another point of view.

I am not explicitely talking about Jaworowskis age, but at that age most people leave the field to younger ones, who have hopefully more oversight - I will for sure do it and I am even practicing that now already! He is very often cited to be "director" or "head" or similar, but these are partially long gone titles and since I hate titles I do not appreciate somebody who puts forward his multiple titles and degrees. I have never published anything with any of my titles! Jaworowki is in the European Radiation Protection community not much appreciated. We do not need Jaworowski to find out about the activities and impacts of this multinational concern Greenpeace. Finally let me comment, that the impact of the Chernobyl accident on the USA seems to have been extremely low. When I was in 1988 several weeks in the USA, visited many universities and gave seminars on not only radioanalytical science, but first of all on the then recent Chernobyl accident I found out that even educated people never have heard there anything about it - including the president of a well known and large university. Therefore I do not think that Jaworowski will have any major impact in the USA.

So much about this topic - the positive one to follow....

Best regards to both of you!

Franz